Roland Way, London, SW7
Roland Way is situated between Roland Gardens and Drayton Gardens and a short walk from Gloucester Road Underground Station.
A petrol station and garage at the entrance of Roland Way belie the Mews’ unspoilt character and charm. It contains many examples of rarely seen semi-circular arched stable doors. Until 1921 the mews was named Alveston Mews and then Roland Mews until 1936. The current name could well be connected to Anne Elizabeth Rolland of Paris who was involved in a number of building ventures in the area in the 1860’s.
Past famous occupants include Rowan Atkinson and the Walduck Family.
BOROUGH: Kensington and Chelsea.